I'm not pushing her to start burning beeswax, I'm asking her to just give up the paraffin as an experiment.
I've been surfing around the web, researching the refining process of paraffin and the chemicals involved. Apparently burning paraffin is compared to having a diesel engine in your house. The chemicals are toxic, irritating, and carcinogenic (cancer causing).
While I was surfing I also came upon articles about how burning paraffin candles effect pets. Birds are especially sensitive to airborne particulates and pollutants.